WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

bad start

I decided that I had to empty the black water tank today. It was starting to look a bit high.  So in order to do that I had to pack  up the trailer , hook it up and drive 7 miles to the KOA. 

I closed the 2 slideouts and packed everything away fairly quickly.  Then I had to try to raise the tongue up so I could hook it up, but when I unhooked when I got here it was night and I didnt' realize that one of the safety chains was caught  under the jack and it wouldn't allow me to jack it up. Okay, so I tried to just lower it and see if the trailer could stand on it's own and could just pull the chain out.  I could not get the thing loose from the block of wood. The trailer just kept dropping and not realeasing.  Next step was to jack up the stabilizers so that when I then lowered the jack , the stabilizers would hold the trailer up.  The tool I used on the stabilizers worked fiine on one side but kept slip(ping on the other.  Lots of work for this little trip.  My back is killing me tonight.

Then when I finally got to the KOA, I hooked up the sewer hose and turned back to open the valve and the sewer hose fell apart(before I opened the valve ). I had to go inside so the could call a maintenance man to help me put it back together again.  He did  and I was able to open the valve but only opened it part way and it immediately started to leak__PANIC__.  I thought quick and just opened it all the way and that solved the problem , thank goodness.

Then I drove back and started to set up the trailer again.  Dumb me, I opened up the front slideout without putting out the support rail.  It only weighs about 1000#s.  3 helpers later and a crowbar and we got it back up to where it was supposed to be on the support bar. 

Then tonight, I got Ritchie to help with the the Dish service. No dice, it's it not working at all now.  I will have to call a tech I guess.

Started watching a movie last night called KPAX.    I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment