WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas was ok

We went out to one of Norma's friends for dinner in the afternoon and had lots of smoked meat. 

Ok so now for the day after Christmas.  I worked Dare in obed this morning and then I worked some of the assistance dogs. Blondie is getting better at trying to learn. I taught Lady how to jump up and turn the light switch off.  I worked on Joy but she just wasnt' getting the turn the light switch off thing.  She knows how to turn it on but not how to turn it off. I tried a number of things. I got her to bump my finger downwards with her chin  but she was unable to transfer it to the switch. So then I tried using a touch stick.  That only worked by accident. She wasn't working  the switch but working the touch stick and it was generally in the middle of the stick and not the end which was touching the switch. Will try again tomorrow.

I worked Dually on the sheep and he seems to be starting to understand the whistles.  I was very pleased with his work. 

Dare was an  idiot.  He would walk up and dive in, walk up and dive in.  I tried running him -flanking and flanking and flanking everytime he did it, but to no avail.  I really need to put a long line on him and let him know it's unacceptable. He didnt' care that I ran him down and thumped him. He kept doing it.

I worked Edgie last night and today on holding the dumbell. He doesn't like that. He will grab it and throw it down but not hold it. It's ok because that is what Dually did too and he didnt' like me teaching the hold so much that he would go and hide. At least Edgie is not hiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment