WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Tried to keep quiet

  I  have a voice problem and so I am trying to rest it, but it seems I can't keep my mouth shut.  Who'd thunk?

Today I tried in vain to get the satellite dish set up.  Must have read directions for an hour and got nowhere.  I did go out tonight and buy sand to anchor the dish and a longer coaxial so I can get the dish out of the dog yard.  I guess that is a start. I'm waiting for Richie to come and help me set it up.  Things move a little slow in Florida.

Today we took a ride to an animal shelter to look for  a dog suitable for scent detection and we found a nice little bitch of indeterminate breeding.  Seems to be nice and solid and also seemed non reactive around stuff in general. She will be spayed and then we will go back next week and pick her up and start her training.  There were many dogs at this place and most of them were pit bulls or pit bull crosses.  It's a darn shame.They won't make good service dogs partly because of reputation , but mostly because it takes a person with a clue to own one and there aren't many good owners out there.

Edge got to play with a 7mo cur pup today. They raced around for a couple of hours before Clayton took his puppy home.  I think he had a good time.

When I left the trailer tonight to go shopping, I put Edge in a crate and Dare too. I went to the house to pick up my laundry and when I came out I could here Edge barking inside the trailer from up at the house. So I snuck back and opened up the door and gave him a speakin to and when I walked back to the house , I waited to see if he was going to start carrying on again and he didn't.  silly pup

No comments:

Post a Comment