WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Ball Ground Ga Day 1 Trial

The day was cold but got a little better. It was 32 when I started to drive to the trial site. It took about 45 min to get there and that was on all back roads. The trial site was up a steep driveway and I was happy I was not pulling the trailer. It was at Michael and Ally Bryants and they live at the top of a hill and the view was phenomenal. The arena was a bit hilly but it didn't bother Dually or me. Maybe if it rains tomorrow it will be slippery, but it was fine today and the duck arena was hilly but I didn't even notice while I was trialing. The scores were low today. We did course E and you have to get all the panels to get good scores. The sheep were good but Dually was a little wired. We did win the class with 94 which was also HIT aussie . The cows were tough and some were downright mean. Dually won the first trial with 97 which was also HIT aussie. My 2nd cattle run was bad. We had a cow that chased Dually a couple of times and no matter how hard he bit it, it still came after him. He lost a little confidence so I helped him out and crossed the line and we pushed those cows a little. Hopefully that will be good for us tomorrow.

My 2nd sheep run was not that good. WE got an 87

My duck runs were both 1st place I got 101 and 110 both HIT aussie so when they gave out awards I thought I had only perhaps gotten 1pt on ducks but each duck score was worth 1.5 and 1pt for HIT so 5pts there and 1 pt each for HIT cattle and sheep so 7 pts today. NOt bad for a not so good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment