WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Dinner out

Mary took us out to dinner last night at a nice quaint restaurant in Flatonia. They had a wine tasting of 6 wines to go along with the dinner. 3 whites and 3 reds. We all hated the reds. Sorry Joan. I had salmon in a balsamic reduction sauce. It was very vinegary. garlic mashed potatoes and green beans Dessert was an apple tart with ice cream. we had a good time.

I worked the dogs yesterday on corners. Sending Dually in on a straight up walk and then requiring a flank to go around them and scoop them out of the corner. He hates that. He wants to hold, but I am sticking to one command and making him do it. He has gotten better but we have not yet solved the problem and I am sure it is going to crop up again at the next trial, but maybe if I get to Rogers place a day early I can set him up and get a correction in the arena. Edgie did the same exercise and he did it very nicely. Edgie is starting to understand that when I give him a flank he needs to keep going and not turn in on balance every time or at least keep going if I give him a 2nd flank.

Today I am going to get some groceries and get the trailer ready to leave tomorrow. I think Sunday will be a good day to travel through Houston and on towards Baton Rouge for the night. I have an appt on WEd with CAmping World in Dothan to hopefully get the heat fixed and the stove vent working. So today on my list is empty the black water tank and rinse it out, pack everything away in the trailer,shake out the dog beds in the truck, check the air in the trailer tires. I wont' hook up till tomorrow because the trailer has to stay level while the bumpout is out. Yesterday it was truly tshirt weather and I even had the AC on last night. This morning it is cold and I have a sweatshirt on again.

No comments:

Post a Comment