WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Made it to Fla today

I only drove 300 miles today but it seemed to take forever. I finally stopped at a campground about 5 miles off the interstate. It is called Vortex Springs and there are no other campers here. It is a natural spring and dive camp. I haven't looked at the spring yet but I will tomorrow. It is supposed to be "gin" clear. That's pretty clear. They are not dog friendly and actually don't accept pets but I guess because they have no other campers, my money is better than none. With 430 acres you would think I could let the dogs run but they said no and to pick up poop and take it with me. Hmmm This is in Ponce de Leon Fla. Nippy here tonight. There is one restaurant in town and it's pretty much a dump. I had overcooked tough pork chops and lots and lots of mashed potatoes with gravy which I did not like much. Ah well better than cooking when I am this tired. Finally figured out why no tv last night. It is called a cable off/on switch and you need it off to watch tv so I have tv tonight. There is no cable at this place and I didn't even bother to ask about wifi. Might stay here 2 nights and might move on to be closer to Dothan.

No comments:

Post a Comment