WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Disastrous first day of trial

I know I am not supposed to complain about the livestock , but the cattle were feedlot weanlings and they had not idea how to move off a dog or a handler.  I could not get them past the adv handlers line the first time in and the 2 nd time I got them farther but not very.  2 nq's.   Not many did much better. There were no scores over 100 and no one got them in the center pen.  I hope that they are better tomorrow but I have my doubts.

Sheep run 1 was not too bad, but I crossed in front of the center pen and then vocalized it so the judge heard me.  I gave up on the center pen anyway because Dually would not OUT. 
2nd sheep run  was much better. He was listening from the start and I got some big OUTS.  Too big as a matter of fact.  He was off contact.  We skimmed 1 and made 3 and the center and I got my only score over 100 for the day.   a 104 and no placement.

I qu'd on ducks but no scores over 100.  I had trouble at the center pen both times .  It's a work in progress.  I hope tomorrow is better.

I took myself out to a local place for dinner and it was pretty horrible.  time for bed

No comments:

Post a Comment