WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Today

This is my therapy , so sorry if I keep writing about Mikey, but I need to.  Don't read it if it bothers you.

I spent the morning walking Mikey and cleaning the house to keep my mind busy. Our appt was for 1pm. My sister came over to go with me, Thanks Judi--and we went to Dairy Queen to give him his last ice cream. I think he enjoyed it.   My vet Annie was wonderful. no second guessing.   It took us about 1hr to get the sedative to work. He kept fighting itand we had to give him a 2nd type.  He didn't want to leave and I didn't want him to go but his legs were going to fail in the next couple of days and his cough was worse and his twinkle in his eye   had left.   I needed to make sure he left this earth with dignity and love.
 The way I parked the car, I was able to raise the ramp and he walked in under his own power, turned around and said ok Let's go! Thanks Mikey for making that part easy for me.

I brought him home and Ed helped me take him out of the car.  I then let each dog out individually to see him.  I thought they would all go to Ed and make much of him because they all know him and love him but they all very  carefully and thoroughly smelled Mikey and then turned away.  It was sad but interesting.  Not sure how it will change the dynamics in the house since he was so low on the totem pole anyway.

Ed and I placed him very carefully in the grave and then  I added the ashes of my Mom  and then my Dad and then Molly and lastly Piper.   Mikey is in excellent company and Ebony is buried right next to him now. They are close to the house where I feel comfortable knowing they are there, but they are really not there at all are they?


Now I work on getting by and living with 3 black dogs and no blue ones. Thanks for listening .

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Diane, I know I will be facing the same very soon. They can never be with us long enough. Rest in peace Mikey, you were a wonderful blue dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, Diane. You and Mikey were so lucky to have each other. I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete