WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Where to bury a good dog?

    Mikey is fading and he is really not feeling that well. He pretty much won't  eat his dog food , but he is still begging treats from anyone who walks by.  He will mostly eat meat but last night he found some grain on the ground and just picked at it.  He did enjoy begging some Chinese food tonight .  His coughing is getting much worse(congestive heart failure) and I would rather he not die a painful death so I have decided to go ahead and made the extremely hard decision to help  him along and not be selfish and try to keep  him here.   I have the clinic this weekend and so I'm afraid he has to wait a few more days, but I will probably take him in on Tues.  If you want to say good bye he will be here until then. I write this with a heavy heart  and many tears.  He has been a very good friend, companion and entertainer for 14 years .  He and I had many firsts together.


He drove me crazy sometimes but he always did it with a twinkle in his eye.  Even this week he is still trying to escape the little nylon fence enclosure I put out front for him, but it's just habit now.There is no joy in it.

I have a picture in my mind's eye that I will always have of Mikey and I will post it when I can find it.  It's Mikey as  a puppy , the same week I brought him home. I took the picture lying on the ground and he was trotting towards me like a little tank. I thought his name might be Tank but Mikey suited him better.  It's a wonderful picture off a wonderful dog and I will miss his funny sense of humor and his loving nature.   It's never easy.

As for the Posts Title--Where to bury a good dog?    The answer of course is  --In my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry. It is very hard to give our old friends that last gift. He will leave a Mikey size hole in your heart. Remember those wonderful memories, they are his gift to you.

    ReplyDelete