WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas

   I packed me and the dogs up and went to my sisters on Christmas Eve.  She is only an hr and half away but we decided to stay for a couple of days. Ed came up and fed the sheep and kept my pellet stove going. 

We had fresh shrimp and oysters for dinner followed by linguine with fresh clam sauce. Delicious stuff. They are so close to the ocean that the fish is fantastic. On Christmas day we had swordfish, mako shark and more clams and all of that was grilled. It was yummy. I wanted to  get some to bring home but  the fish market I wanted to go to was closed the day after Christmas. So I went to Market Basket on the way home and that is a trip in itself.

 My brother in law made me a decoupage light switch cover so I went to "Michaels" on the way home to get some mod podge to try my hand at it. I made one really good one and one bad one and one ok one.They are kinda fun to do. More time consuming than I would have thought. It takes a while for the background paint to dry and then the modpodge takes a while.  I did all but the bird. Mike did the bird.

Michael's bird

My first try and it needs to be redone

I really like this one

this is okay

No comments:

Post a Comment