WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, January 7, 2013

AKC TRIAL DAY 1 BUSHNELL FL



 It was not a good day for the boys.  The cows were difficult. The group I had did not want to stay together and one kept splitting off. In retrospect, I should have left it and gone on without it, but this judge would have crucified me anyway.   Dually had a better run than Dare but we bobbled quite a bit at the Y chute and lost more than ½ our points so that screwed us.  I don’t remember bobbling that much but…   I scribed for the same judge this aft and she was pretty tough on some stuff.  Maybe a little heavy handed, maybe a lot.  The High in Trial dog only got  a 91 and her run was almost flawless.   Anyway as was scribing I noticed the judge taking points off line for weaving even though the stock never left the 12 ft corridor.  And no half points and not one cattle run qualified today. That should tell you something about  the judging. 

Dually had a really nice sheep run but again lost a bunch of points on the Z cuz we happened to retreat and put them thru it after we had skimmed it. I didn’t mean to do  that but that is how it worked out. She would have Q’d us on our cross drive with 9 off (it was ugly) and we lost 0 on our hold and repen.   I was a bit disappointed we didn’t’ Q.

Dare’s sheep run started picture perfect, really nice outrun lift and then he  brought them to me a bit fast and things started to get out of control. Around the cone wide and I asked for a flank and a stop and got neither so I ran him down and left.  It was only going to get worse. 
Tomorrow is another judge so hopefully we can do something with him. 

Dinner out was good company at a less than stellar Mexican restaurant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment