WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Steve Waltenberg 1 day clinic

Steve was yesterday's judge and more than fair and took the workability of the stock into account. The one day was only $85 so I figured what the heck,another chance to work the cows.  I worked Dare first on 6 cows and he was My decorum. He worked those cows beautifully, back and forth along the fence and he took every flank and walk up I gave him. He truly looked trained.  LOL  He did dive in twice I think but he wasn't bad. Steve suggested working on his STops LOL. When I walked out , Steve looked at Dare and said That's a nice dog,  a   REallly nice dog.

Dually had all the rest of the turns.  Because  a number of people didnt show up , there were only 5 of us working dogs so we did get mulitple turns.  Dually dove in immediately and showed Steve the pressure issue we are working with.  We did put him in some pressure situations and asked him to deal with it. Once was the closed Y chute which we did with sheep first and then cattle. The sheep one we had done before and he was not half bad.  Cattle too.  Also worked a corner exercise with the sheep which I have certainly done but with a different thought in mind this time. It was just sending him around in the corner and ask while I am also in the corner with the sheep and then when he gets on balance asking (demanding)a stop.Dually dove thru behind us quite a few times before he got more comfortable and stopped doing it. 

The last run was just working the cattle again and we just allowed him to see what he was going to do with the cattle. Once he brought them to us and once he drove them in a straight line right by us.

Why did it take 1.5 hrs to get home and only 70 miles but it took 3 hrs and 90 miles to get there?

The trailer was full of dead ants when I woke up this am and Edge and I are chasing ants tonight and killing them. New game..
 Not sure where they are coming from but will spray tomorrow.  I am not fond of bugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment