WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, January 14, 2013

wAHHH I'm hot

It's 81 inside and outside today. I could turn the AC on but I'm tired of sitting inside.  My new working pen is up and it's in the shade so I could go work a dog but I will wait until it cools off a bit.  2 in the aft is not a good time to do anything in Fla.

One of the houses I looked at when I first got here is back on the market. It's 5 good dry acres with a small pond , house  and barn.  The house was horrible. Bunch of rooms joined together in a bad way.  But ... it's nice land.  It is a real house, not a manutfactured home, but not sure if I could fix it.

I have been working on the sanctioning form for the AHBA trial in June.  It's going to be course 3 HTAD SHEEP DUCKS  and JHD sheep --40 runs available.

Dr Cindy called to tell me about the MDR1 gene that I should get everybody tested for.  It is prevalent in aussies and collies and one of the drugs they react to is ivermectin and another is the ACE promazine that he had the bad reaction to.  Dare doesn't  have any reaction to the heartworm meds with ivermectin. The test is a swab and the lab that does it is in Wa.  It costs about $70/dog. Definitely must do 3 dogs.

Ok I worked Dually in the little pen on 2 crazy light sheep. They tried to kill themselves before we even walked in.  They aren't used to being worked in small spaces. Better get used to it.  Noticed that Dually does a nice calm away and stays out on the fence and the go bye is tighter and more frantic.  note to self-must do more go byes.

Edge had trouble just walking out there. He is not very well leash broke and he is like walking a pig on a leash.  Lots of pulling and not much response.  Anyway I took him in the pen and walked him around and he was much better on the go bye side and terrible on the away.  Also worked downs which he does not want to do so I started walk ups and stops and outs and that'll do's.  He was better at the end and I only worked him 10 min or so .  I need a rake though.  I don't like the little stock stick with a baby.

I rented a movie tonight from REdbox.  It's about a 100 day wild horse training competition.  Should be good. 

Dare doesnt' feel good, He didnt 'eat all day and he threw up once today and tonght. 

No comments:

Post a Comment