WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lilly and Pearl

Pearl is on the left and Lilly is on the right-Pearl is Katahdin and Lilly is KatahdinXFlorida Native
Dare worked them with the whole group first and they were fine so I put them in the small pen and worked on his pace . I put Dually in there and worked them with him too and then I brought Edge in  to see what would happen.  He flanked around fairly widely and changed directions nicely.  He stopped  himself when I backed into a corner and at the end I actually walked around a  bit with them. That was the best he has worked on sheep and I was very happy with the sheep. Edge did chase Pearl into a corner but he got a rake on his head and let the sheep go.  He is really pressure sensitive and dives in, but not like Dually did as a pup or even like Dare.  Seems like he will be much more sensible about  handling it. 

1 comment: