WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, January 7, 2013

AKC TRIAL DAY 2 IN BUSHNELL FLA





Day 3 (another chance)  .. Dare ran first and he had trouble with the fetch.  They split back and he was busy sniffing so he let them and had to go to the corner and pick them up.   He brought  them up and around  the cone and we did a nice job on the y the z and the pen.  And then we had a mess taking them out of the pen.  They tried to bolt across the arena to the repen and Dare turned them back to me and back to 4 and they skimmed the cross drive and I had to bring them back to 5 and repen.  Even with that mess, he got an 84 and first place. 

Dually’s run in Intermediate  was not too bad until the pen and I had another mess taking them out of the pen and trying to get to 4.  They bolted  and didn’t want to come back. I had to sandwich them between us at 5 to pull  them off the fence and get themback  across to 4 which we did and still didn’t’ get them thru the cross drive panels but did get to 5 .  He Q’d and  got 3rd place.

Dually had a nice ADVsheep run and Q’d but no placement.
Dare had a beautiful run going on.  2pts on the outurn lift and fetch. 2 on the Y  1 on the z and 3 on the hold pen and then taking them out of the pen he lost his friggin  mind.  I had him between me and the hold pen and I asked him to walk and he looked at me out of the corner of his eye and then the little bastard blew thru and yahooed on the cows.  I said down and he didn’t so I ran him down again and took him out.  It was more than that little yahoo that was going on. I kept trying to gain control and he just kept getting higher and higher until I knew it was not going to get pretty.  I was so mad at him.  He will be in isolation tonight but it’s too late , the trial is over.  He only needs one lousy leg and Dually is going to get it before him.

Tomorrow I am going to take part in the  cattle clinic with Steve Waltenburg.  Not sure If I will work both dogs or just one. It will depend on what he does and I wont’ screw Dually up but I will work Dare because I can’t screw Dare up.

No comments:

Post a Comment