WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Working all dogs

 We went to Sherry Lee's today to work and it's a lot of fun there because there is so much area to work in. I started with Dare on her A course which is quite large. Even the outrun is a challenge for the dogs because I just dont' normally have that space to work in.  Dare did well on his outruns going towards the draw.  I later changed where the sheep were and he had to go in the other direction. He started out really strong, but when he didnt' see the sheep at the 200ft mark which is what he is used to he assumed they werent' there and curved in and came back. I had to  out him and resend him a couple of times until he saw the sheep and after that he was fine.

I worked Dually in the A course and he was ok.  Not as sharp as he needs to be.  I took him out in the 25 acre field to get a bigger outrun and those were nice.

Edge got to work on the PT course which was way to big for him . I worked some Downs on line and some Stops and then I let him go. He disappoints me everytime I do that.  He breaks them up and then picks one off to chase back to me.  Not a good sign.  I got them all back to the corner and waited  and he just laid down sometimes turning away from the stock.  Not sure this is the right puppy for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment